Fresno Reel Pride's Community OUTreach Program is a multifaceted effort designed to:
- Support selected social and educational programs that benefit members of the gay and lesbian community;
- Enhance Fresno Reel Pride's reputation by participating in civic activities; and
- Help Fresno Reel Pride to become recognized as a major participant in the artistic and cultural growth of the Valley. Community OUTreach is funded through the proceeds of our Reel Lounge, the nightly raffles, specific grants, and our general funds.
The following programs and projects are a part of Community OUTreach for 2012.
- Silver Festival Pass Program. Upon request, free festival passes are given to members of our community who are 75 years of age and older.
- College Student Pass Program. Sponsors who are unable to use their passes may donate them to college students who otherwise could not afford to attend.
- Gay Straight Alliance (GSA). Local GSA clubs operate the Fresno Reel Pride concession stand. All tips received are retained by the GSA for their activities.
- Tower District Marketing Committee (TDMC). Banner holders on Tower District light posts and festive banners were installed by Fresno Reel Pride and were donated to the TDMC for year-round use.
- Fresno Coalition of Arts, Science and History (FRESNO C.A.S.H.). Fresno Reel Pride is proud to be a member of this local organization made up of museums and other cultural arts organizations to promote all forms of art in the Valley.
- Director's Club Filmmakers Awards. Cash awards are paid to the filmmakers to honor winning films chosen by our Director's Club members. Awards are given for:
- Best Feature / Documentary $200
- Best Short $50
- Best Short Short $50
For additional information on any of these programs, please contact the Fresno Reel Pride Outreach Representative or a board member.