Fresno Gay & Lesbian Community
Central California Alliance
Newspaper / Support Group
Information Line: 266-54654
Fresno gay & lesbian resource website
Imperial Dove Court
The Living Room
AIDS Support Group
Parents, Families, and Friends
of Gays and Lesbians
different from the norm
Teenager Support Group
Fresno Reel Pride's Community OUTreach Program is a multifaceted effort designed to:
- Support selected social and educational programs that benefit members of the gay and lesbian community;
- Enhance Fresno Reel Pride's reputation by participating in civic activities; and
- Help Fresno Reel Pride to become recognized as a major participant in the artistic and cultural growth of the Valley. Community OUTreach is funded through the proceeds of our Reel Lounge, the nightly raffles, specific grants, and our general funds.
The following programs and projects are a part of Community OUTreach for 2005.
- Silver Festival Pass Program. Upon request, free festival passes are given to members of our community who are 75 years of age and older.
- College Student Pass Program. Sponsors who are unable to use their passes may donate them to college students who otherwise could not afford to attend.
- Gay Straight Alliance (GSA). Local GSA clubs operate the Fresno Reel Pride concession stand. All tips received are retained by the GSA for their activities. At last year's festival, they earned over $825.
- Tower District Marketing Committee (TDMC). Banner holders on Tower District light posts and festive grapemotif banners were installed by Fresno Reel Pride and were donated to the TDMC for year-round use.
- Fresno Coalition of Arts, Science and History (FRESNO C.A.S.H.). Fresno Reel Pride is proud to be a member of this local organization made up of museums and other cultural arts organizations to promote all forms of art in the Valley.
- Director's Club Filmmakers Awards. Cash awards are paid to the filmmakers to honor winning films chosen by our Director's Club members. Awards are given for:
Best Feature / Documentary $500
Best Short $250
Best Short Short $250
Reel Pride in the Arts Student Film Contest. Two scholarships totaling $2,000 were awarded to one high school student and one college student for creating a short film dealing with the issues of diversity. The awards were split between the student and the film department of the school with which they are associated, and the winning films were screened during the 2004 festival.
For additional information on any of these programs, please contact a Fresno Reel Pride board member.